A New Beginning…The Janus Experience, LLC
As many of you know, I have been working at Intrepid Learning Solutions, Inc. and/or Intrepid Learning, Inc. for nearly 13 years. That is almost more time than I spent at Dell (five-plus years) and the US Navy (eight-plus years) combined. If you compare my tenure and loyalty there to the cadence of many people in their careers today, it is very unusual.
Many of you don’t know that I was multi-modal commuting four to five days a week for three hours a day. What is multi-modal commuting? Well in a typical day traveling from Poulsbo, WA to Pioneer Square in Seattle, WA, I would wake at 5 AM and leave the house by 5:25 AM and travel via personal vehicle, bus, ferry, and a walk to arrive at the office at around 7:10 AM after picking up my daily Starbucks Venti coffee.
In the afternoon, this process was reversed. Catching 3:45 PM Seattle ferry got me home at around 5:15 PM. Catching the 4:40 PM got me home at a little past 6:00 PM, assuming the ferry left on time and depending on traffic on the island. That’s a 12- to 13-hour day every day. Many people who haven’t commuted for a long time think the ferry ride sounds glamorous. Don’t get me wrong, there are days when it is beautiful. The Puget Sound can be breathtaking. Being tethered to the ferry’s schedule is breathtaking also, but not in a positive way.
So, after many years of commuting and getting more discouraged over the work-life balance, I knew I needed a change. I left Intrepid Learning and am striking out on my own, so I can own more of my schedule and pursue more of my personal passions. I have started a new company, The Janus Experience, LLC, to consult with clients across a breadth of my areas of expertise.
Why The Janus Experience? In Roman mythology, Janus was depicted as a god with two faces, since he looks to the past and the future. He is associated with beginnings, gates, transitions, time, doorways, passages, and endings. With my more than 25 years of experience in diverse environments and industries, I am in a unique position to help you and your organization learn forward based on where you have been.
Over my career, I have been:
- An Internal Practitioner (Buyer) and a Supplier (Sales Pro)
- A Veteran and a Civilian
- An International Corporation Employee and a Startup Company Employee
- A Traditional Learning Expert and a Modern Learning Evangelist
- A Non-Profit Staffer and a Corporate Employee
- A Seller of Software and Services
- A Government (Department of Energy) Contractor and Corporate Employee.
So, like Janus, I bring a wealth of experiences, rarely found in one person.
I will provide consulting services in a variety of areas of expertise and personal passion and will be honored if you would consider working with me. If you don’t need my services now but know of someone who could use them, referrals are always welcome.
What can you do to help me get started down a successful path?
- Complete the brief contact form and sign up for The Janus Experience Newsletter or to let me know if you need services I can provide.
- Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/thejanusxp or just click and follow the floating Twitter icon on this page.
- Like my Facebook Page at http://www.facebook.com/thejanusxp or just click and follow the floating Facebook icon on this page.
- Share this blog post with your professional colleagues.
- Stay in contact with me.
One last note, The Janus Experience, LLC is proud to be a Veteran-Owned Business. According to survey results from the National Veteran-Owned Business Association, 95 percent of American consumers said they feel a sense of trust and gratitude towards veterans. And 70% said they’d be more likely to buy from a veteran-owned business than from a business not owned by a veteran!
Thanks for your positive feedback and continued support.